Hello!

You are welcome to read and drop a comment

Search This Blog

Friday 22 November 2013

Here Am I, Lord, Thine Own To Bruise

Here am I, Lord, thine own to bruise
And bind up, only for thy use.
Chastise now my rebelling soul;
Whilst Thou woundest me, make me whole.

My feeble hands quicken and train;
Fix up these knees that eas'ly sprain.
Sheer me off the unrighteous path
Where endeth wrath for the fool's bath.

I grasp that he whom Thou lovest
When erreth him, Thou reprovest.
For good Thou wilt my style correct,
So I be found in Thee perfect.

Oh, how they fall that doth despise
Thy right statutes, Thy warning eyes;
They that Thy counsels loathe to hear
The wand'ring cat seekest to tear.

Here am I, Lord, born for Thy will;
Melt and morph me aright until
My parts adopt Thy chosen frame:
Faultless vessel, carved in Thy flame.

By Kingsley U. Ayistar ©2013

No comments: