Hello!

You are welcome to read and drop a comment

Search This Blog

Friday 22 November 2013

Disappointed

Long I laboured, this wind to
tame,
Sowed all my hopes in earthly brains,
Their faith wavered like candle
flame;
Away, hanging on the Night, plain!
 

Promises I smoked like cigars.
Like pooch, I enjoyed sniffing words
Wagged my tail for pompous liars
That now have my ire incurred.
 

Foolish me! The fault bears my seal;
I see now that the Writ is right!
If I prayed, would God not me heal,
And keep my life from long-term plight?
 

"Cursed is the one that trusts in man"
Clemency, gracious King, I plead!
Scoop me out of this flaming pan,
Lest I be cooked as Satan's feed!
 

For "Vain is man's deliverance." -
This You've proven in my distress...
Give to me, Lord, another chance,
Without you, I remain a mess!


******************************************************************************
Jeremiah 17: 5 Thus says the Lord: "Cursed is the man who trusts in man and makes flesh his strength. whose heart departs from the Lord"

No comments: